Terrariums are easy to make , and they are incredible piece of home decor and the best gifts! Above is the gallery full of ideas, and below are basics how to make a terrarium and here you can find also links and tutorials for each idea in photo gallery. Enjoy and don’t forget to share this goodness! 🙂
Step 1. Choose an open or closed glass container of some sort.
Step 2. Cover the bottom with an inch-thick layer of pebbles or rocks to create a false drainage system for the plant roots.
Step 3. Add a thin layer of activated charcoal keeps the water fresh, and prevent mold and bacteria from building up.
Step 4. Add a layer of potting soil. They also make a special mix if you choose to use cacti and succulents instead of moss and ferns.
Step 5. Place plants in the terrarium, starting with the largest plant first.
For more details, check out this terrarium guide here.
3. Syrup Dispenser and Salt Shaker Terrariums: Source: poetichome.com
6. Tea Cup Terrarium: Source: collegelifediy.com
10. Pendant Lamps: Use 5-watt bulbs so you don’t end up roasting the plants. Source: autumn-workshop.com
14. Colored Sand Terrarium: Click here for the full tutorial.
16. Spice Jars: Source: thezenofmaking.com
17. Pumpkin Gourds: Source: host-itnotes.com
18. Fish Bowls: Source: weknowstuff.us.com
19. Cake Stand Terrarium: Source: fuckyournoguchicoffeetable.tumblr.com
20. Terrarium Kits from Etsy: And if you’re too lazy to get the supplies yourself, there are tons of terrarium kits that contain everything you need available from Etsy. Source: etsy.com