Amidst all the craft fails and cooking flops, there are some things you read on Pinterest that actually work. The proof is in the pin.
1. You can grow a clementine tree indoors.
2. You can use fire glass instead of wood for your backyard fire pit.
3. Make incredibly realistic roses out of chocolate candy clay.
4. Lemons make great emergency candles.
One pinner says: “This really works with any citrus fruit because the citric acid is flamible[sic].”
5. Making a brownie in a mug actually tastes delicious.
6. You can use super glue to close up small flesh wounds.
7. Behold: the world’s best and cheapest slip and slide is made from plastic sheeting and baby soap.
A pinner says: “THIS REALLY WORKS AND TOTALLY INEXPENSIVE! world’s best slip and slide.”
8. Run past one of these digital speed readers and it really tells you how fast you’re going.
9. This special fan for under the sheets really works to cool a bed.
10. Orajel will stop mosquito bites from itching immediately.
12. Apparently, this stuff gets rid of acne and fever blisters.
13. Use newspaper beneath mulch to keep the weeds out in your garden.
Valencia Powers says: “This really works , no weeds for two years!!” If that isn’t convincing, I don’t know what is.
14. Make a reusable dryer sheet with a hand towel.
15. Whitening toothpaste will remove nail polish stains.
16. Unshrink a sweater with baby shampoo.
17. Yes, you can turn a flannel shirt into a sexy strapless dress.
18. Put baby powder in between coats of mascara and you’ll notice a huge difference in volume.
19. Put fidgety kids on an exercise ball and they’ll concentrate better.
A pinner says: “This really does work — It does wonders!” Could this be the Adderall substitute you’ve been looking for??
20. You can clean dirty water with a stone and sunlight.
21. Use deodorant on your razor burn.
22. Baking soda and apple cider vinegar will get all the build-up out of your hair.
23. This mango pitter looks magical, but is it?
24. It’s complicated, but you can make your own gin.
25. Rid your pet of skunk spray smell with baking soda, liquid dish washing soap, and hydrogen peroxide.
26. Use toothpaste to take the scratches out of DVDs and CDs.
One pinner says: “this actually works its amazing.” Another pinner says: “This will also take out scratches on watch crystal.” Yet another pinner says: “This worked for me! Yay.” THIS EFFING WORKS, PEOPLE.
27. Suave Clarifying Shampoo works as an inexpensive soap scum remover for your tub.
A pinner says: “This works wonders on soap scum on any surface & its non toxic. I havent used traditonal cleaner on my tub, shower or faucets in over 20 years its great. Use it with a scrubbie and you only need a drop.”