Pretty obnoxious, isn’t it?
What it took for 4:
* 1 pound ground chicken (go dark meat!)
* 2 Tbs. favorite taco seasoning
* 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
* 2 chipotle peppers, diced
* 3 tsp adobo sauce
* 1/3 cup black beans
* pinch of salt and pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
* 2 (11 oz) tubes refrigerated French bread
* 1 cup cheddar cheese
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high, and add the ground chicken. Brown all over until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the taco seasoning, red bell pepper, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, black beans, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the cilantro. Toss to combine and sauté another 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- On a clean and lightly floured work surface, arrange the french breads. Using a serrated knife, lightly score each loaf from tip to tip. Using either a roller, or your fingers, spread the dough until you get a 4-inch well in the center.
- Lightly sprinkle some of the cheese along each well. Fill the wells with the chicken taco mixture. Get it all in there. It will work. Then, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the chicken mixture. Using your fingers, pinch the dough tightly, closing the mixture inside the bread. Continue until both loaves are pinched all good like.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Carefully transfer each loaf to the pan, and place them seam side down. Twist each loaf around each other, creating a . . . well . . . twist. Make sense?
- Lightly brush the twist with the egg wash. Using a small paring knife, lightly score little slits across the top of the twist, allowing for ventilation. Lastly, sprinkle the Mexican oregano on top of the twist.
- Slide that thing in for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the bread is cooked through.
- Let sit for a few minutes (riiiiiiight), slice and eat the entire thing before anyone can catch you.
I found it on: Bev Cooks!