These are fantastic for a number of reasons… Beautifully colorful, a real standout of a dish.
Only a couple of special needs… A small amount of skills with a piping bag to get the swirly star affect in the Cream Cheese. And a melon baller to remove a portion of the cucumber slices.
- FOR THE HERB CREAM CHEESE – 4 Ounces (1 Brick) Cream Cheese, Softened to room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Ranch Dressing (Yes, good old Hidden Valley)
- 2 TBS Dill (can use other spices… Thyme is excellent also)
- 3-4 Long Cucumbers. skinned and Slice into thirty 1 inch slices
- 15 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- Additional Sprinkle of Salt (to Taste, Careful, little goes a long way)
- Additional Sprinkle of Spice (same as used in Cream Cheese) for Garnish
- Additional Sprinkle of Paprika OR a Cajun Spice Mix (optional) for Garnish (and an extra kick if you use the Cajun Mix)
- First, Make up the HERB CREAM CHEESE, in a stand mixer, mix the softened Cream Cheese with the Ranch dressing and herbs. Mix until well combined. Spoon into a piping bag with a star tip.
- Prepare the Cucumber, remove peel, Using a fork, score the sides. Slice into 1 inch pieces. Using a melon Baller, remove a portion of the center of one side of the piece of cucumber, leaving a half moon crater.
- Pipe the Herb Cream Cheese into the crater. Enough to stick out of the top about 1/2 inch.
- Add a half Cherry Tomato partially buried into the Herb Cream Cheese
- Sprinkle additional salt, herbs and spice mix for additional color. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve Chilled and ENJOY!
Found it on 52 Ways To Cook