Recipe: Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Fried Goat Cheese!
- -1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- -½ cup pomegranate seeds
- -1 shallot, minced
- -1 teaspoons grainy mustard
- -1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- -¼ cup olive oil
- -Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Goat Cheese:
- -8 ounces soft goat cheese, cold
- -1 egg
- -½ cup flour
- -1 cup panko bread crumbs
- -2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- -½ teaspoon kosher salt
- -¼ cup Olive oil for frying
- 1. Shred the Brussels Sprouts very, very thinly with a sharp knife. Transfer to a large bowl and dispose of the bottoms.
- 2. In a small bowl whisk together the shallots, mustard, oil and vinegar. Season to taste with Kosher salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- 3. Beat the egg until fluffy in a small bowl. Put the flour in a small dish. Gently mix together the panko, parsley and salt in a small dish.
- 4. Divide the soft goat cheese into 8 even discs.
- 5. Lightly dredge the cheese in flour and pat any extra off.
- 6. Dredge the cheese through the egg, and then gently coat the cheese with the panko bread crumb mixture.
- 7. In a medium sauté pan, heat the olive oil to medium-high heat. Fry the goat cheese balls until golden brown about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- 8. Gently toss the shredded Brussels sprouts with the dressing and season to taste with a little kosher salt. Transfer to a serving platter and top with the goat cheese balls and the pomegranate seeds.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4